About ROCK Solid
Who is R.O.C.K. Solid?
- We are a home school family business striving to meet the needs of home schoolers with service, price, and the heart of Christ.
- We began R.O.C.K. Solid under God's direction as a home based mail order company on May 10, 1994. The idea was one that we had toyed with for years, and when Nathan's regular full-time job with Wal-Mart unexpectedly shifted, the door opened wide to begin this adventure. Our first four-page "cata-list" was stapled at the top corner and printed on neon colored paper so that your eyes hurt when you turned to page two. But hey, you could always find it, right? We hope that we've made progress. We don't print our catalogs anymore, as our website can hold thousands of selections and we have more room to talk about things online.
- We are a home schooling family of five and have successfully graduated three students. Our oldest son, David has recently graduated from AIT in Ft. Eustis, Virginia. Our daughter, Toni, is a graduate of Oral Roberts University and now resides with her husband Mike, in New York. Our youngest, Patrick, is at the University of Central Florida, earning his master's degree in software engineering. Before retiring from Wal-Mart, Nathan spent 19 years with that company. In January of 1999, he came "home" to take over this ever-growing company. He has our shipping department running like clock work and makes sure all of our computers talk and play with each other well. I (Lindley) work full time with R.O.C.K. Solid, working with our Absolutely Wonderful Webmaster on our website. I also do our advertising, product review and selection, and lots of customer service. Therefore, dabbling in domestic upkeep is just a hobby that I occasionally indulge in, and finally, after 35 years of marriage, Nathan and I are finally learning to cook!
- We continue to grow by leaps and bounds and struggle happily with every turn. We've made new friendships as we've learned new things and, we've discovered talents in old friendships/relationships (i.e. this website and its maintenance, design, and consultation from home schooling families we've known for years). We have employed many home schoolers, home school parents, home school teenagers, even home schoolers who are now home schooling parents themselves! Thanks to all of you who have helped us grow and who have prayed for us all along the way. It is always needed, welcomed, and very much appreciated.
- Nathan and Lindley Rachal
How can I contact R.O.C.K. Solid?
- 904-751-3569 LOCAL
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.rocksolidinc.com
- 731 Duval Station Rd. Ste. 107-152
- Jacksonville, FL 32218
Where is R.O.C.K. Solid?
- We do not have a physical location. However, if you'd like to arrange a local pickup, that is available! Call us at 904-751-3569. Or if you're traveling through, our local pickup site is five minutes off of I-95 in north Florida. Call us at 1-800-705-3452 and we'll give you directions.
How do I go about choosing curriculum for my home school?
Do you have placement tests to determine my child's grade level?
I've purchased a product from you before, but I'm not seeing it on your website. Can I still order it?
- If the product is still available you can order it! Give us a call and we will look it up for you. It is helpful if you have the title, ISBN, and author.
I can't find Math-U-See or Total Language Plus on your website. Do you carry these?
- Unfortunately, we cannot carry these products. They can only be purchased directly from their respective publishers. We do carry a wide variety of curriculum that is well-known throughout the home schooling community. Each of our curriculum's help to provide a solid foundation for your home school endeavors.
Do you carry products for students with dyslexia or other learning disabilities?
- Yes! We carry many products for students with disabilities. Check out the Special Needs section on our website.
How do I create an account?
- When you place an order, you will be prompted to do so. Call us if you need assistance.
What if I forget my password?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us. We can email it to you.
Is the information in my account safe and protected?
- Yes! We are scanned daily by McAfee Secure and we are PCI Compliant. We do not share your info, nor will we sell it to anyone.
Placing an Order
Can I place my order by phone, fax or mail?
- Phone orders: 1-800-705-3452 (In Jacksonville, FL, please call 904-751-3569)
- Mail: Shop online, add your items to the cart and then print the cart out before submitting your payment information. Then mail your order along with a check* or money order to: R.O.C.K. Solid, 731 Duval Station Rd., Ste 107-152, Jacksonville, FL 32218
What if I have an out of stock item in my order?
- If you chose the free or media mail shipping option and the item is on order and expected in shortly, we will hold your order up to 15 business days due to the current pandemic. If you chose UPS, your order will ship out in 3 - 7 business days and any out of stock items will be back-ordered, and shipped at our discretion.
How long does an item remain in my Shopping Cart?
- If you use the same computer, your items will remain in your cart for 30 days.
Do you charge sales tax?
- Sales tax is collected for any order that is shipped or picked up in the state of Florida. The percentage is based on your county.
Are prices guaranteed?
- Prices change all the time due to inflation, publisher discounts, availability, etc. We honor our prices, but we never know when these changes will occur. When they do, we adjust our prices accordingly.
What payment options are available?
- Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal.
- *Checks - Personal checks under $200.
- Cashiers Checks - Any amount
Can I be billed? Do you accept purchase orders or CODs?
- We do not bill our customers and we do not accept POs or CODs. However, you can place your order over the phone. Then, mail in a check. We will process your order after the payment is received.
Shipping options within the continental United States
- USPS Media Mail
- USPS Priority Mail
- Local Pick Up in North East Florida
Shipping options for Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, APO or FPO addresses
- USPS Media Mail
- USPS Priority Mail
- We highly recommend USPS Priority Mail for those living in these areas.
Shipping options for other international shipments
- We ship international orders via USPS. Please contact us for pricing. We try to save you money by charging you as close to the actual shipping charges as possible. Email is the quickest way to get pricing information. Email your shipping address and the items you want to purchase to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee delivery for any international shipping addresses.
- If your order is MORE than $95.00 before sales tax, the shipping and handling is absolutely FREE (via USPS Media Mail) for all 50 states! This offer is not combined with any other offer. If it's under that amount, add $6.95.
If my order doesn't qualify for free shipping, how much is shipping?
- If your order is under $95.00 before sales tax, add only $6.95 for Media Mail Shipping.
Can I drive to ROCK Solid and pick up my order?
- We do not have a physical location. However, if you'd like to arrange a local pickup, this is available! Call us locally at 904-751-3569. Or if you're traveling through, our local pick up site is five minutes off of I-95 in north Florida. Call us at 1-800-705-3452 and we'll give you directions.
Where does my order ship from?
- Most orders ship from our Florida warehouse.
How soon can I expect to receive my order after it ships?
- Media Mail Shipping: If you live on the west coast please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery, the Midwest 2 - 3 weeks, the east coast 1-2 weeks. Alaska, Hawaii, and US Territories 4-6 weeks.
- UPS: Ships out quicker and has a transit time of 2-8 business days.
- UPDATE - UPS and the USPS no longer guarantee delivery times. We are unable to refund orders that do not arrive in a timely manner. However, UPS or Local Pick Up is still the better option when time is an issue.
What if I need my order as quickly as possible?
- We offer an "in house rush" service on urgent orders. For $25, your order will be moved to the top and will ship out within 2 business days. Any out of stock items will be back-ordered and shipped at our discretion.
- Need it even quicker? Choose UPS shipping when you place your order or call us for overnight shipping prices. Either of these options will cut down greatly on the transit time.
I just placed an order with you. When will it ship out?
- Our goal is for orders to ship out within 4-5 business days. If an item is out of stock and you chose the free or media mail shipping option, we will hold your order up to 10 business days.
Has my order shipped?
- If you placed your order on our website you can check the status of your order. Once your order is shipped you will receive an automated email confirmation to the email you provided with a tracking number.
How do I change quantities or cancel an item in my order?
- Give us a call. If your order has not shipped we can adjust the quantities/titles manually.
How do I track my order?
- Orders placed on our website will receive an email confirmation once the order has shipped. You can use the tracking number provided to track the order.
My order never arrived.
- Please allow for the suggested transit time as stated above before calling.
- Track your order via the tracking number provided to see if there's any indication of its delivery status.
- If your order still has not arrived please give us a call.
An item is missing from my shipment.
- Contact us within 7 days of the delivery date so we can get the missing item out to you.
My product is missing parts.
- Contact us within 7 days of the delivery date and we will contact the publisher.
When will my backorder arrive?
- Backorders ship from our warehouse within 2 business days of the item being received. Often back orders arrive shortly behind your original order.
Do you guarantee my order? What happens if I'm not satisfied with it?
- We know from first-hand experience that it's a bummer to receive items from a company that was not what you expected or needed. We will gladly take returns/exchanges if you find this has happened to you. Click here to review our complete return policy.
I received the wrong product. How long will it take to get an order replaced?
- As much as we try for this not to happen, on occasion we do make a mistake. Call us right away and we will get the correct item out to you.
Why do you ask for my e-mail address? Will you rent it out?
- Email addresses are used to contact our customers and send a "Your Order Has Shipped" email for orders placed on our website.
- Our customers are important to us! We do not sell or rent any of our customers' information.
Why do you ask for my phone number when I order?
- Phone numbers are requested in case we need to contact you regarding your order.
My phone number is unlisted; do I have to give it to you?
- No, you do not have to give us your phone number. However, if there is an issue with your order it will make it difficult for us to contact you and therefore delay the processing of your order.
Do you price match?
- We will gladly match a home school competitors price on exact items. We include their shipping charges in the price match. Due to the nature of Amazon and Ebay, we do not match their prices.
I have a product. Can I get it listed with rocksolidinc.com?
- Product review is generally done in the fall of each year. Our target audience is home schoolers, so we generally expand with curriculum/products that will meet their direct needs. If your product meets these criteria please send a sample, along with price and ordering information to R.O.C.K. Solid Attention: Reviews, 731 Duval Station Rd. Ste 107-152, Jacksonville, FL 32218